ALFI Licensing Guidelines
Apostolic Light Fellowship recognizes that every man that receives a call of God upon his life to minister the Gospel has been chosen of God.
Apostolic Light Fellowship recognizes its responsibility to assist men called into ministry to fulfill that calling.
In order for Apostolic Light Fellowship to fulfill its responsibility to the ministry, we as the Overseeing Eldership of this fellowship of believers, must fulfill our responsibility to God and we recognize that God has a “set” of qualifications that are required of a man BEFORE he holds an “office” in Him. Therefore we have chosen to follow the precepts that have already been outlined for us in the Word of God as God’s requirements for a man to hold such an office.
These policies and procedures are to serve as a guideline for qualifying the ministry and to set precedence for those licensed into ministry by Apostolic Light Fellowship, Inc. In establishing this, we recognize that a CALL OF GOD is only ONE of the necessary qualifications according to scripture:
6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; 8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; 9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
1 Corinthians 4:1-2
1 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
1 Timothy 3:1-16
1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. 11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. 12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus. 14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly: 15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
For All ALFI Ministerial Applicants and their Spouses:
- Anyone desiring to hold license / membership with Apostolic Light Fellowship must have fulfilled the command given in Acts 2:38, of repentance, baptism in the name of Jesus Christ, and have received the gift of the Holy Ghost with the evidence of speaking with other tongues. Furthermore, they must believe, preach, and teach the same, having a call of God into the ministry. If the applicant is married, this must also hold true concerning the applicant's spouse.
- The applicant must have a proven work that is exemplified by the scriptures found in 1 Timothy 3:1-16, Titus 1:7-9 and 2:1-15.
- The applicant must freely subscribe to the Articles of Faith, believing without reservation in the infallibility and authority of the Scriptures, the Holy Bible (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- The applicant must believe in One God (Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:11, 45:6), and the full deity of Jesus Christ (Colossians 2:9, 1 Timothy 3:16).
- We, as a body of elders, hold fast to the ordained covenant relationship of marriage as being one man to one woman. We will not license, recognize, support, encourage, or endorse any applicant's lifestyle that is not in agreement with the Holy Scriptures of the KJV Bible. This includes, but is not limited to: Civil Unions, Homosexual Marriages, Polygamy / Plurality Relationship, Marriages and/or Unions, Co-Habitation, and any and all deviant lifestyles or choices as described by Government (Federal, State, and Local) or any Institution outside the Church of the One True and Living God, Jesus Christ (Romans 13:1-2; Acts 5:29; Genesis 2:24-24; 1 Corinthians 6:9).
- An application for license must be filled out and submitted to Apostolic Light Fellowship with the requested information.
Biblical Pattern for Ministerial Applicants
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).
In addition to ALFI's established, clearly expressed, formal acknowledgement of Biblical qualifications for ministers found in Titus 1:6-9, 1 Corinthians 4:1-2 and 1 Timothy 3:1-16, the organization seeks to observe another very important and vital aspect of ministerial qualification. This stage of qualification enquires into the applicant's understanding (and practical application) of Biblical holiness and the principles of godly living. ALFI will hold ministerial applicants fully responsible and accountable to the Scriptural mandates of holiness and godly living as a function of their application process; as well as their continued observance of such principles while they serve the Kingdom of God as a licensed member minister under this covering.
In these last days, many men and women who once held fast to these vital Bible-based principles have pulled away from observing them, perhaps due to trends in contemporary church practices. Nonetheless, ALFI knows that ministers must endeavor to set a godly example for all believers, especially those they directly serve. Ministers should strive to uphold the truth as holy ambassadors to Jesus Christ; and elders ordained and commissioned of God.
Apostolic Light Fellowship has determined to hold fast to Biblical holiness in the sincerity of the Holy Ghost...
It is ALFI's sincerest hope to establish God's desire through His body, the church, here on earth. With great conviction and certainty we have been prompted by the Lord to carry-out this area of qualification before any minister may be approved for licensure into the fellowship of ALFI.
All ministerial applicants, regardless of race, creed, or nationality, will be asked to show themselves and their families (if applicable) in abidance with sound Scriptural teaching in regard to holiness and godly living. The "measuring-stick" will always be the same; the consistent Biblical standard to all men and women... the Infallible Word of God.
This part of the qualification process, will simply consist of requesting new applicants to acknowledge their understanding of the scriptural call to holiness and godly living. (For all married applicants, the qualifications will also apply to their spouses and families).
The ALFI Counsel of Elders, will evaluate each applicant's personal compatibility, and submissive willingness to God's Word, concerning the Scriptural truths that apply to this topic.